Scroller Genie Support Product Page

This topic is locked
This topic was archived

continuous scrolling not working

Reported 10 Apr 2007 01:23:22
has this problem
10 Apr 2007 01:23:22 Nasri Messarra posted:
Hi,

I am desperately trying to make the continuous scrolling feature work (in fact, I bought this extension specifically for this purpose).

I have trying the solution found in the FAQ (add a second layer with the same content) but it's overlapping the existing images and I don't know exactly the length of my layer (images are auto-generated from a database) to fix this manually.

I am using Firefox and IE7 to view the pages.

the pages can be found at:
www.imagesdorient.net/products.asp (click on "coasters", "tablemats", "knife rest", "bottle holders" to view different database generated content).

for your convenience, I have also created a "light version" of the page at: www.imagesdorient.net/products2.asp

awaiting your feedback,

N.A.M.

Replies

Replied 10 Apr 2007 10:30:30
10 Apr 2007 10:30:30 Marja Ribbers-de Vroed replied:
I don't see a second content layer for the scroller on those 2 URL's. In both pages, there is only 1 content layer.

--
Marja de Vroed
www.clubwebware.nl
www.prikhetop.nl
www.flevooware.nl/dreamweaver/
Replied 11 Apr 2007 01:21:47
11 Apr 2007 01:21:47 Nasri Messarra replied:
This was because the second layer did not help:
- in some cases (after removing layers with a white background), I had both layers overlapping,
- in others (when not messing with the code), having a second layer did not help.

I have added the second layer to www.imagesdorient.net/products2.asp (www.imagesdorient.net/products2.asp). can you check it out?

would help me a lot if you can just tell me how to fix the code to see the images following each other without the white "gap" between the sequences.

N.

Replied 11 Apr 2007 10:25:21
11 Apr 2007 10:25:21 Marja Ribbers-de Vroed replied:
Since you're working with a horizontal scroller, you need to make sure that the width declaration of the content layers (and the table in there) is appropriate for the images that are displayed in the scroller.

You've set the width to 1500px, but the width of the images don't add up to 1500px, causing a white 'gap' to the right of the last image. Scroller Genie positions the second content layer right after the first one, so after the gap.

See also www.dmxzone.com/showDetail.asp?TypeId=7&NewsId=5185

--
Marja de Vroed
www.clubwebware.nl
www.prikhetop.nl
www.flevooware.nl/dreamweaver/

Reply to this topic